Our Policy on Keeping Bandari School Students Safe
All adults at the Bandari School must behave in ways that keep our students safe.
Our students need to have healthy bodies and minds, so you must make sure that your actions and words do not hurt them or make them feel scared or bad. You must treat all students with kindness, fairness, and help them when they are unsafe.
The Bandari School Board, Project Manager and Principal will make sure that all staff and visitors to the school behave in ways that keep our students safe.
Your behaviour keeps our students safe when:
- you use kind words and actions that do not hurt a student, scare them or make them feel bad
- you treat a student fairly if they have a disability
- you treat a student from a different religion or family background fairly
- you only take a photo of a student, share it with someone else or put it on the Bandari website if the Project Manager, Principal or Board says you can
- you help a student if you think that they are being hurt or treated badly by telling the Project Manager or Principal
- you help a student if you think they are not getting enough food, clothing, or care from their parent or carer
Your behaviour does not keep our students safe when:
- you do things to a student that hurts them. This could be hitting, punching, pinching, kicking, biting, burning, or hair pulling
- you do or say things to a student that are not kind or fair
- you do or say things that make a student feel scared or bad
- you touch a student in a way that they do not like or that is a sexual act
- you give a student a gift or money to get them to do something that is not good for them
- you use a photograph of a student for something that is not good for them or makes them unsafe
- you do not help a student when you think that they are being hurt or treated badly
- you do not help a student when you think that they are not being looked after by their parent or carer
The Bandari Board and Project Manager must make sure that all employees and volunteers coming to the Bandari School have a check from a government regulatory authority (eg. Police) that shows that they are safe to work with our students.
Approved by the Bandari School Board on September 2021 for review no later than September 2023.