Website Terms and Conditions
The Website and all content is operated and owned by The Bandari Project.
The Bandari Project makes every effort to keep the website information up to date but does not warrant or guarantee:
- the accuracy or completeness of any information available on the Website;
- that access to the Website will be uninterrupted or error free;
- that any defects will be corrected immediately; or
- that the Website will be free from viruses or other contamination.
Except where prohibited by law, The Bandari Project will not be liable to you for any loss, damage, liabilities or claims and expenses that you may suffer due to use of the Website, including use of any information on it. You use the internet and the Website at your own risk.
Who is entitled to seek services from The Bandari Project
The Bandari Project raises funds to support the children receiving an education through The Bandari School in Mto wa Mbu, Tanzania, and other projects associated with the school and local community. We are unable to assist people or projects outside of this scope.
Terms regarding the provision of services by The Bandari Project
If you choose to sponsor a student or donate to The Bandari Project or Bandari Sustainability Fund we will undertake to keep you up to date about the progress of the student or the project in accordance with your preferences. We will provide tax deductible receipts for all donations.
Using images, videos and text from our website
The Bandari Project encourage you to use the material (images, videos and text) on this website to educate yourself and others, to promote Bandari’s work or to fundraise for us. There are some limits:
- If you want to use material for commercial purposes or to fundraise for us through your business or other commercial activity (such as selling a book or CD) you need special permission before doing so. Please contact us.
- The images of children and staff on the website can only be used in any other context with permission from the Board.
- You need to make sure that you do not change the material in any way and that you acknowledge us as the owner as follows: © Copyright The Bandari Project [year]. All rights reserved. Used by permission. Source: www.thebandariproject.com
- You will need to get separate permission from the owner of any material marked “used by permission [name of owner]” (because it belongs to someone else).
- If you want to fundraise for us, please contact us first.
- You will not use our material to fundraise for anybody else.
- We can ask you to stop using our material at any time at our complete discretion.
Using logos and other trademarks from our website
You are only allowed to use The Bandari Project logo as set out below.
Otherwise, you need to contact us for special permission.
Downloading the Bandari logo or linking to our website
We encourage you to create a link to our website from your website or other social media sites to educate yourself and others, to promote Bandari’s work or to fundraise for us.
This can only be undertaken by reading and accepting the following rules:
- You are not allowed to link to us where your website is a business (or other commercial) website without our express permission.
Please contact us for special permission.
- You will only use the link in ways which protect and enhance our reputation.
- Using the link on your website does not mean that we support or endorse what you do.
You will make this clear on your website.
- You use the link at your own risk.
- You will not change the link in any way or combine it with any other graphics.
- You will not pass the link on to any other person.
- We can ask you to stop using the link at any time at our complete discretion.
- The Bandari Project may take action against you if you misuse the logo and any goodwill you generate by using it will belong to either or both of us.
- If you are also fundraising for us, please contact us first.
- All appropriate laws (including the laws of the country in which your website originates) also apply.
We may make changes to these rules from time to time without notice.
Any changes will be reflected on this page.
These Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria in Australia, and any dispute in relation to these Terms or your access or use of the Website will be the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria.
Variation to terms
The Bandari Project may vary these Terms at any time, and by continuing to use the Website you consent to any variations. The Bandari project will not notify of these variations and it is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms for any variations.
Protecting your information
Information you send or get through the site is private.
To verify the security of our webpages within your browser, click on the locked padlock icon located near the webpage URL address. Double click on the padlock icon. Depending on your browser you will see the certificate details such as who it is issued to, who it was issued by and the certificate’s period of validity.
Last updated August 2021